The learning journeys are knowledge-exchange activities for stakeholders that SHAPE is developing to transnationally share the experience gained in the different Sustainable Heritage Areas in the development of ecotourism initiatives that maintain and develop cultural and natural heritage assets.
The aims of the learning journeys are:
- To gain information about the challenges and opportunities for developing sustainable ecotourism.
- To learn from the experience of the initiatives developed in other Sustainable Heritage Areas.
- Transformation and development of ecotourism in the SHAs as a result of the learning process.
The Sustainable Heritage Areas involved in SHAPE proposed plans for developing the learning journeys, identified overlapping interests, and designed a program of events in collaboration with key local stakeholders. Local stakeholders interested in the development of sustainable ecotourism were invited to attend the learning journeys.
Information about the activities developed in the learning journeys and participants’ reflections is available in the dedicated links below and in the SHAPE Newsletter Number #5.
SHAPE Learning Journeys:
- Snæfellsnes Regional Park Coastal Route. Iceland, 25-27 August 2019.
- Koitajoki Nature Triathlon in North Karelia Biosphere Reserve. Finland, 17-19 September 2019.
- Learning journey in Wester Ross Biosphere. Scotland, 12-14 October 2019.
- SHAPE Learning Journey to GSA Biosphere 15th – 18th October 2019.
How to Prepare Yourself for a Learning Journey:
- Be curious.
- Be open-minded.
- Be ready to change your opinions.
- Remember to use all your senses.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Facilitate yourself with camera, tape recorder, paper & pen, video camera or other devices you need for making notes.